Saturday, April 11, 2009

the show.


Tonight was the most amazing night of my life, my first performance ever in front of a sold out crowd and it went amazingly well. To start things off this morning I got my giant bag ready with costumes and an entire purse full of makeup. We went to pick up Arlette and my grandmother and then headed off to Las Cruces. We got to the bookstore and went to the bathroom immediately and took two hours to do hair and makeup, but it was worth it! Haha, my sister and I looked so good. Finally we went down the street to the theatre where we froze outside until we got up to the balcony.
At intermission we had to run outside, around the corner to the back so we could get backstage. Just picture it, five of us walking as fast as we can in the dark with crazy ass hooker makeup on. It was funny. When we got backstage the nerves started kicking in, we were all freaking out and talking all fast and scared. Ultimate bonding, yo. Then we had to go down to the stage to wait to go on. Of course it's fucking pitch black behind the curtain and none of us can see anything. I almost tripped over this random slab of wood that's just there. It was hilarious, we were all like reaching for each others faces and asking "who's this?" and just dancing to calm our nerves. My heart was racing by then and I had to keep breathing all slow to try and calm myself down.
When we went on it was like everything melted away though. I had the most fun I had ever had in my life, and I would not exchange it for anything in the world. I was smiling the entire time and I finally understood how life changing performing is. I could see all the people smiling back up at me, and knowing it was because they enjoyed my dancing and the fact that I was loving what I was doing made me feel like I was on top of the world. All I could think about when I got off stage was how much I wanted to do this all again.
After the show we went backstage and changed then we all went for a Burger King run. It was the perfect end to an awesome day, haha. I was so happy that I got to spend it with my best friend Arlette (who did my hair for the show ;]). It was so cool that I got to be with her during such an important moment in my life. 

No comments: